The Foundations of Servant Leadership course is designed to give participants a deeper understanding of Robert Greenleaf’s ideas and concepts that drive the current servant leadership movement. This course follows the idea that this work begins with the individual. Through readings, discussions, and writing a paper that reflects learning, the participant can expect:
- To gain an understanding of who Robert Greenleaf was and why his work matters
- To realize what Greenleaf meant by ‘a journey into legitimate power and greatness”
- To learn the core concepts of the servant as leader including the credo, the best test, the key elements, and the characteristics
- To be able to make the case for servant leadership
- To reflect and share key understandings about becoming a servant leader in order to plan next steps.
Establishes a framework for each person’s practice of servant leadership